Every trip has to start somewhere. Here are some of the resources we use to make the most of our travels. You can also find a list of some of the sites we’ve been featured on as well as the awards and recognition we’ve received.
Travel Planning Sites
- Viator: Research, find and book the best travel experiences, tours and guides worldwide.
- Lonely Planet: The best guidebooks for travel. We’re proud to be part of the Lonely Planet Pathfinders program.
- Project: Time Off: A branch of the U.S. Travel Association, they provide excellent resources to help you make the most of your vacation days.
- World Nomads: Travel insurance company to keep you safe while you’re on the road.
- Scott’s Cheap Flights: Save money on airfare by booking some of the amazing deals sourced and emailed right to your inbox (the paid version is well worth it, too!)
- TripAdvisor: Reviews, opinions and photos of tourist spots, hotels, restaurants and other attractions.
- Atlas Obscura: Our favorite site for finding off the beaten path tourist spots.
- Urban Adventures: Looking for small-group tours to explore a city? This is the place! We love their food and drink tours.
- Kayak: Travel search engine to help you find and book great flights or hotels.
- G Adventures: Great site for travel packages to just about any destination worldwide. We also love getting their catalogs in the mail.
- SeatGuru: Helps travelers choose the best airline seats and in-flight amenities.
- Hopper: Data-driven research to help travelers make better decisions about where to go, and when to fly and buy.
Travel Planning Search
Looking for hotels or places to stay on your next trip? Use the search box below to find deals in the city of your choice!
We have used Travel insurance from World Nomads many times on our own Road Unraveled trips. It’s available to people from 140 countries and it’s designed to cover overseas medical, evacuation, baggage, and a range of activities.
You can get a quote for your next vacation using the form below or visit their website to learn more.