Collaborations, Guest Posts, and Takeovers
We’ve been featured in dozens of online publications and podcasts since launching Road Unraveled in 2014. Here are some of our contributions and interviews.
- The Best Things to Do on your Amsterdam 2 Day Itinerary (Fill My Passport – April 2019)
- 30 worst-case scenarios you might encounter on your next trip (MSN – February 2019)
- 13 Travel Themed Home Decor Ideas That Will Help You Relive Your Travels at Home (Travel Inspired Living – January 2019)
- Best Long-term Travel Insurance | True Traveller vs World Nomads (Can Travel Will Travel – January 2019)
- The world’s best cities for photography (Azamara Club Cruises – December 2018)
- New Year’s Eve Getaways: 12 Unique Places to Ring in the New Year (Trimm Travels – December 2018)
- Fifty Bucket List-Worthy Things to Do in the Southeastern United States (Nomad by Trade – November 2018)
- Regent Seven Seas: Explore Magazine (The Americas Issue – October 2018)
- LP Pathfinders: top posts from September 2018 (Lonely Planet – October 2018)
- Through The Eyes Of A Local: Washington, D.C. (Wanderer of the World – June 2018)
- 30 Experts Reveal 3 Favourite Things to do in Krakow (Discover Cracow – April 2018)
- US National Park List: 25 Beautiful Parks to Visit (Photo Jeepers – March 2018)
- Destinations Travel Bloggers Wish They’d Written About (Mexico Cassie – March 2018)
- Girls all over the world who Travel Solo while Married (The Fickle Feet – March 2018)
- Discovering the Delights of Belfast and the Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland (Just Go Places – February 2018)
- These Champagne Experiences Are Perfect for Valentine’s Day (Fill My Passport – February 2018)
- 24 of America’s Best National Parks (Eleonore Everywhere – January 2018)
- Once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist Adventures for 2018 (The Pink Backpack – January 2018)
- These are Some of the Most Beautiful Jewellery Pieces in the World (Fill My Passport – January 2018)
- Travel Bloggers Reveal the Best Souvenirs They’ve Ever Bought (Nomad by Trade – December 2017)
- Wishes For All to See the World Were Sent to Santa This Year (Fill My Passport – December 2017)
- Best Places to Leaf Peep Outside New England (The Compass is Calling – November 2017)
- Female Travel Bloggers Share Their Favorite Craft Breweries in the USA (T and A in the US of A – November 2017)
- Winter Travel Tips from Expert Bloggers (Nomad by Trade – November 2017)
- 15 Of The Best Beaches in The World – Selected By Travel Bloggers (Spend Life Traveling – October 2017)
- A Local’s Guide to Washington, DC (Earth’s Attractions – October 2017)
- Unique Souvenirs and Their Stories (I’ve Been Bit – September 2017)
- Best Coffee Shops Around the World (Kat’s Gone Global – September 2017)
- Most Memorable Travel Experiences: South America (Wandering Bajans – September 2017)
- 10 travel bloggers share their worst culture shock experiences (Discovering Legacies – August 2017)
- LP Pathfinders: top posts from June 2017 (Lonely Planet – June 2017)
- Travelex UK Instagram Takeover (Travelex UK – June 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 2017)
- Guest Post: Your Guide to Washington, DC (the Red Phone Box travels – June 2017)
- Next Great Travel Writer 2017 Shortlist: Would You Like a Bracelet? (Travelex and Penguin – March 2017)
- 11 Stories Of Random Acts Of Kindness From Around The World (Where is Nikki – February 2017)
- Guest Interview on Eat Sleep Love Travel (Eat Sleep Love Travel – September 2016)
- Around the World in 18 Wines: Uncovering 18 of the world’s most unique wine regions (A Pair of Passports – September 2016)
- 15 Travel Bloggers Share Their Favourite Castles In Europe (Grumpy Camel – August 2016)
- Highlights of South America from travelers (Adoration 4 adventure – March 2016)
- Where is… Stephanie and Adam from Road Unraveled? (Where is Nikki – February 2016)
- Road Unraveled asks Travel Geek Tara (Travel Geek Tara)
News and Announcements
Updates on website news and other noteworthy items.
► January 29, 2019
Today is National Plan For Vacation Day! Since we started Road Unraveled, we have enjoyed sharing our vacation ideas with you—and we have really enjoyed hearing your stories about the vacations you take. Still, one of the biggest challenges is that it’s simply hard to take time off from work. Many companies discourage vacations, and plenty of us worry that taking time off might suggest we aren’t committed to our jobs. It’s easy to see why vacation is often a bad word to use at work! We would like to change that.
Today, we are thrilled to launch our new workshop the Business of Vacation! This interactive, in-person workshop is designed to help companies to create a culture of vacation. Taking time off has incredible benefits for employees and for the workplace as a whole, and we can’t wait to help companies discover how vacation is a key to improving innovation, productivity, and engagement.
Learn more about the Business of Vacation—and let us know if we can help your company unlock the power of vacation to improve organizational culture!
► January 16, 2019
Stephanie had a terrific time talking with Chris on the Quit Bleeping Around podcast! Listen to find out why vacation might be the secret to your professional success and hear some of Stephanie’s tips on how to take a more strategic approach to your vacation time. Plus, you’ll hear a few stories about our adventures (and misadventures!) from previous vacations!
► October 9, 2018
We are thrilled to be featured in the September 2018 Lonely Planet Pathfinders top blog posts! It’s an honor we first had in June 2017, and we’re excited to be part of this distinguished group again. Check out this link to read all the September posts!
► February 8, 2018
Stephanie had a great time chatting about life, work, and travel (including Antarctica) in her recent Funky Thinkers interview. Listen to the on-demand podcast to hear her share some of her favorite stories and travel tips!
► March 3, 2017
We are extremely honored and excited to announce that Stephanie has been selected as a finalist for the 2017 Travelex/Penguin Books Next Great Travel Writer Award! Out of thousands of entries, Stephanie was selected for the final 5 shortlist of entries! Read her story and learn more!
Reach, Site Activity, and Audience Information
We’re proud to produce content that is read and shared around the world. We monitor our web traffic with Google Analytics. These numbers are accurate as of May 2019.
20,020 monthly page views
14,965 monthly visitors (unique)
182 articles written (all-time)
2,332 words per article (average)
287,000 page views (all-time)
161,000 unique visitors (all-time)
52% email open rate for our monthly newsletter (vs Mailchimp’s industry average of 13%)
Connect With Us on Social Media
We have our social media profiles linked at the top and bottom of our site, but we’re on a few more as well. Feel free to connect with us on all our profiles and send us a note!
Media and Recognition
We have been honored to earn recognition for our writing and photography and to consistently rank as a top travel blog for various topics.
We’ve also been featured as the Travelex USA #TopBlogger in March 2017.
— Travelex_USA (@Travelex_USA) March 17, 2017