A New Workshop from Road Unraveled!
Innovative. Productive. Engaged. Every employee strives to define themselves with these three words, every manager wants a team that embodies them, and every company wants their culture to exemplify them. There is one super-charged benefit your company may not be maximizing that can inspire each member of your team—and the company as a whole—to achieve them all.
Vacation time.When it comes to recruiting, motivating, and retaining employees, vacation time is among the best tools you have; in fact, vacation time is the second most important predictor of employee satisfaction.1 Employees who take vacations report feeling more innovative, more productive, and more engaged when they return to the office, and 84% of managers report their team is more creative and more focused when they use their paid time off.2
Vacation time is valued by and beneficial for employees, but in 2017 more than 700 million vacation days went unused in the USA. Even worse, almost half of people who took a vacation reported feeling guilty for taking paid time off. With fears of disappointing a boss or colleagues, missing deadlines, and appearing uncommitted, workers are more inclined than ever to forego time off in favor of more time in the office. Without time to relax and engage away from the workplace, we become not disconnected from work but disconnected from the perspectives and experiences that help us create, achieve, and focus.
If you want an innovative, productive, engaged company, you need to foster a vacation culture.
To foster a vacation culture, you need the Business of Vacation™.
Interactive, Customized, and Informative Workshops
We partner with organizations who want to build a culture of paid time off by offering customized workshops that educate and inspire people to make the most of their vacation benefits. We get to know each company—their people, their mission and vision, and their challenges—and personalize our existing curriculum to reflect what makes the company unique. Each workshop is delivered in-person; we bring a half-day or full-day of productive conversation, learning, and fun right to you!
We also offer personalized vacation policy coaching to companies interested in benchmarking existing policies and updating them to reflect best practices and the makeup of their employees.
Ready to explore the Business of Vacation and unleash the power of an innovative, productive, engaged workforce? Contact us today to start the conversation!
► The Business of Vacation Workshop Overview:
- Perfect for: Human resources, teams of all sizes, entire companies
- Primary topics covered: Organizational Culture, Change Management, Employee Benefits
- Length: 4 hours or 8 hours (1 day)
- Delivery: In-person
► The Business of Vacation curriculum includes:
- The business case for vacation: why vacations are great for companies
- Vacation etiquette: preparing your team for time out of the office
- Vacation benefits: for the employee, teams, and the company as a whole
- Vacation communication: encouraging productive dialogues about vacation time
- Vacation application: applying what you do and learn during a vacation on the job
- Vacation strategy: engaging strategic planning to take the vacation that’s right for you
► The Business of Vacation offers:
- Engaging content designed and facilitated by the experienced trainers of Protos Learning and international travelers with real-world experience in a variety of companies
- A customizable curriculum designed with your company’s needs in mind
- Half-day and full-day formats, delivered on-site, that align with your company’s professional development and organizational development goals
Why Partner With Us?
The Business of Vacation workshops are offered through Protos Learning, LLC, a professional learning and performance company led by Road Unraveled’s Stephanie Hubka. We create meaningful partnerships with organizations committed to encouraging employees to perform at their very best.
- Commitment. Every workshop we offer is fully customized to reflect our partner company’s unique mission, goals, strengths, and challenges. We are committed to your success, and by getting to know you we can craft an experience that will recharge your staff and your workplace.
- Experience. We bring decades of training and organizational development experience to every workshop we offer. Stephanie is a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), an accomplished training practitioner and speaker, and the managing partner of Protos Learning, LLC. Adam specializes in onboarding and has worked with numerous organizations in the corporate, non-profit, and government spaces. Click here to learn more about Stephanie.
- Passion. For a decade, we have been using our vacation time—averaging just 17 days each year—to explore 7 continents, 65 countries, and all 50 US states. Well-planned and well-used time off has contributed to our on-the-job productivity, focus, and creativity. We’ve seen first-hand how companies that encourage employees to use vacation time benefit from increased productivity and higher morale. We’re passionate about helping every company create the kind of culture that attracts, retains, and inspires people to do their very best work.
We’re excited to use the knowledge we’ve gained through our years of extensive part-time travel and real-world workplace presentations to craft an engaging, transformative experience for you and your business.
Hear more about the Business of Vacation
Stephanie appeared on the Quit Bleeping Around podcast, hosted by author and former FBI analyst Christina Eanes, to discuss why vacation might be the secret to your professional success. Listen to the full interview below!
2 Project Time Off, State of the American Vacation, 2016